LCBA Spring / Summer Team Support Information
Leduc & County Basketball Association (LCBA) does not operate during the spring or summer basketball seasons.
However, the LCBA does provide support to our fall/winter member coaches (in good standing) with the following:
- Equipment & Jersey Usage
- Basketballs, Ball Bags, Cones, Pinnies & Score Clocks (if available)
- Emergency Medical Kits
- LCBA jerseys (if you are not using your own), however they all must be returned clean and in good condition.
- Submit your equipment request to email@example.com and coordinate pick-up with the LCBA Equipment Manager.
- LCBA TEAM RAMP Application
- Submit your team name and roster to firstname.lastname@example.org and a private spring team link and login will be provided to you.
- Will give you the ability to team chat, team email and link your team to the EYBA game schedules (or add your own games).
LCBA Spring/Summer Coaches are responsible for all aspects of the team building/funding process, including:
- Soliciting & Registering players. You can approach players from anywhere to be on your team. You are not restricted to Leduc & area for spring/summer. Players must be of the appropriate age group for the division you are playing in.
- You take care of all registration, fee collection & registration payments, non-LCBA equipment/jerseys, equipment distribution, facility rental, tournament registration (if any), staffing and team communications.
LCBA Members are also Alberta Basketball Association Members (ABA), and can contact the ABA to have our member facility rental (ie: school gym) insurance liability coverage provided. (ie: Insurance Certificate)
- Contact: email@example.com to request an insurance certificate, issued under LCBA naming the facility/school board as an additional insured.
There are a various leagues & clubs that organize Spring and Summer sessions and tournaments. The ABA recommends that their members participate in ABA member sanctioned only events.
The Edmonton Youth Basketball Association (EYBA) typically runs a spring league, information linked below:
Be aware that there are often less teams in Spring so the discrepancies between team skills within the same division may vary more than you previously experienced in the previous Fall/Winter season.
Resources for custom spring/summer jerseys (or custom pinnies) include:
LCBA coaches must follow our Code of Conduct as well as our Gym Etiquette policy regardless of season to remain in good standing with our organization.